Swimming lessons at the heated Te Huruhi Community Pool are run by Swimgym Waiheke from Swimgym’s tried and tested Auckland-based curriculum.
Summer Holiday Block Lessons
Swimgym Waiheke will be offering holiday block courses in the summer school
holidays from Pre-school to Mini squad level.
Block courses are a great opportunity to boost a swimmer’s progress through an intensive course of lessons. Swimmers attend a lesson each day at the same time Monday to Friday (except where a Public Holiday falls). We will be running holiday blocks from 9am to 12 pm through the week but final session times will be determined subject to sufficient numbers registering in each session.
The cost is determined by class levels:
Pre Schoolers, School Age and Mini Squad Seals levels $75 per 5 day week
Mini Squad Orcas are $80
Mini Squad Marlins are $85
To help determine what level your swimmer may be in please refer to the links below. The outcomes are where your swimmer would be on completion of that level.
Block Swimming Courses
The next block of holiday lessons will run on the following dates: H1 -Tuesday 5th January – Friday 8th January (4 Days)
H2 – Monday 11th January to Friday 15th January
H3 – Monday 18th January to Friday 22nd January
H4 – Monday 25th January to Friday 29th January
Pre Xmas – Monday 21 December to Thursday 24 th December (4 Days)
Minimum class numbers are required to proceed.
To register your interest please email email@example.com and provide:
Which week/s you are interested in (H1, H2 etc)
If you are currently enrolled in Term 4 2020 lessons, just your swimmers name will suffice. If you are not currently enrolled in Term 4 2020 lessons please include in your email the following infomration;
Swimmers First and Last name
Date of Birth
Any medical conditions
What level you think your swimmer may be using the links above
Term One, 2021 classes
Our next block of after school lessons will run through Term 1 – beginning Tuesday February 9th for 10 weeks.
If you have a new swimmer and would like to register your interest, you can do so via the link below. We will contact you from mid January when we know availability of spaces.
- New Student/s – you can register your interest here.
- Existing Student/s – you will automatically be re-enrolled for Term 1, 2021. We will contact you closer to commencement date for your confirmation. If you wish to ask any questions, please contact us here.
Te Huruhi Community Pool RULES & POLICIES
Please Respect our staff, facilities & grounds at all times. Our Policies are put in place to ensure the safety and enjoyment for all swimmers and observers.
- Children between the ages of five and ten years must be actively supervised by a caregiver over the age of 17.
- Children under the age of five need to be actively supervised and within reach of a caregiver 17 years or over at all times, including in the water.
- Our Lifeguard is on-site for your safety and protection. They are not child-minders
- During Planned Scheduled Classes & Lessons – no other people may use the pool
- Please leave the pool grounds as you found them, taking personal rubbish with you or use the bin provided
- No Running, Walking on top of the pool edge or Rough play in or out of the pool
- No Diving into our pool, it is not deep enough!
- No Food or Drink allowed in the pool
- Only suitable Swimwear may be worn in the pool, no clothing
- No fluffy toys are permitted in the pool
- No animals in the pool area – except for specially trained assistance dogs
- No Glass or Plastic that can shatter is allowed on pool grounds
- Water and Alcohol do not mix. There is to be No consumption of alcohol within the pool grounds and No person under the influence of alcohol may use the pool
- Respect our water and do not use the pool if you have had diarrhoea in the past 2 weeks or another illness that is communicable by water
- Swimmers that are not yet toilet trained must wear a swim diaper
- Immuno-compromised individuals should use caution when using a Public Pool
- All instructions given by the lifeguard must be adhered to.
Your understandings of our Policies are appreciated ~ we hope you enjoy our facilities.