While some of this site is devoted to the running of our current facility, we also store much of the history and workings of the Pool Society here.
Become an annual member of the Waiheke Pool Society and help make a difference. Your membership fees will contribute to our target funding to ensure we continue developing programmes and creating opportunities for all the community to use the Te Huruhi Community Pool as often as possible, taking all practical steps to improve on the facility that we’ve got and continuing to work on the long term goal of an indoor aquatic facility for the community.
- Receive regular, member only, updates about the progress of the pool project
- Receive discounted rates for 10 swim passes (adults and children) or annual passes for the Te Huruhi Community Pool
- 20% off swim goggles at Out There Surf during the pool season
- Get notification of early bird pricing and offers for special events during the year
- Invitation to special events and occasions
- Be a core member of Waiheke’s biggest community project and help make a difference
How much does it cost?
- $30.00 a year
- To become a member, simply click here to complete and submit the sign up form (if you are an existing member renewing your membership go straight to step 2)
- Make payment of your membership fees into the Pool Society Bank Account: 38-9015-0809583-00 Make sure you put your name as a reference.
- Send an email to confirm payment has been made – firstname.lastname@example.org
WAIHEKE POOL COMMITTEE
A new Waiheke Community Pool Incorporated Society was formed on the 11th of April 2014 with a purpose of helping drive forward the plans for a new community swimming pool.
The purpose of the society:
- To lead the community efforts in establishing a new indoor community swimming pool on Waiheke Island
- Facilitate discussions between key partners for the effective design, development and construction of the pool
- Play a leading role in representing the community’s views in relation to the new pool
- Develop a business plan in conjunction with other partners, where applicable, for the effective construction and operation of the new pool
- Develop and promote community fundraising initiatives and apply for funding on behalf of the pool
- Promote swimming as a year round activity on Waiheke Island for the benefit of all sectors of the community
Meet the current members;
Nathan Musson – Chairperson
A keen swimmer in his youth, Nathan is now hoping to ensure the same opportunities exist for kids and the community on Waiheke. With three children involved in various sports on the Island, Nathan spreads his time between the Pool Society and the Waiheke Rugby Club; always wanting to ensure there is the chance for kids to participate in sport activities.
He has acted as Treasurer for the Waiheke Community Childcare and is currently Treasurer at the Waiheke Rugby Club. One of Nathan’s goals is to ensure that all children on the Island have access to swimming lessons, to help keep them safe in the water.
Fiona Vandernagel – Treasurer
Linda Anderson – Secretary
Linda is a passionate and avid ocean swimmer who has completed locally and internationally in challenging ocean swims. She has three daughters who all enjoy swimming activities and is committed to helping to develop swimming opportunities for all the community.
Tanya is a born and bred ‘Waiheke girl’ with a range of business and fundraising experiences; and a drive to move things on within the community. She is the Te Huruhi Community Pool Manager and takes pride in delivering a clean, safe and fun pool environment with a professional and friendly team. Her two children participate in swimming lessons and the Te Huruhi Pool and Tanya enjoys the Lane swimming options.
Rawinia is a professional swim coach and swimming lessons manager who commits hours of her time to help grow the swimming talent of young people on the island. In her spare time she runs the Waiheke Swim Club which has seen a new generation of children and teenagers compete in Auckland swimming leagues, pushing themselves to be the most competitive that they can be despite the limited pool resources available on the island.
Liz has been residing on Waiheke Island for over 12 years and in that time has been involved with fundraising initiatives for a variety of good causes. A qualified and experienced First Aid trainer and now stretching her own swimming experience as part of the Adult Swim for Fitness class, Liz has a can do attitude and positive approach to all the challenges that the pool project throws at her.
Former Committee Members whom we would like to acknowledge:
Janet Vincent (former Treasurer) Delyth Morgan-Coghlan (former Chairperson)
Vanessa Smith – Glintenkamp (former Secretary)
Ann Brown (former Secretary)
Becs Ballard (former Local Board Member)
Francesca Elischer (former Client Side Design Manager)
Jon O’ Hanlon
- Would you like to become a committee member yourself
We Need You!
We are keen to hear from anyone in the community who would like to be considered for the pool project committee and feel they can provide support in the areas of administration, project management, business, fundraising, construction, sustainability and more.
These will all be voluntary positions where volunteers need to be able to commit some of their spare time to help move the project forward over the course of the next few years.
The committee sees its role as working in partnership with other key stakeholders, helping with the business planning, design and funding of a new pool.
We need a good range of professional skills and people with a can do attitude who are driven to do what’s best for the wider community.
If you are interested in being a part of this exciting project please email us
Do you have a passion for helping to get an indoor community pool for Waiheke Island? Can you help?
The AGM (Annual General Meeting) of the Waiheke Pool Society is an opportunity, once a year, to vote new officers onto the committee. It’s also an opportunity to look back on the last year and plan for the year ahead. As this project picks up steam we are looking for new people to join the committee to help us move this project on and reach our goals.
New society members can join at any time during the year and show their support or get involved with small projects that help towards the end goal.
We are looking for people with experience in all or some/ one of the following areas:
- Provide general support according to each others experiences, strengths and areas of interest as required during the course of the year
- Should have an interest in swimming OR experience in swimming, swim coaching, swim programs, sports administration or sports development
- Should have experience in commercial development and construction
- Should have experience in networking – developing relationships with key stakeholders and potential benefactors (a Mr or Mrs Well-connected!)
- Should have experience in marketing and PR
- All Committee members and Society members are volunteers.
- Time commitment required varies according to your skills, experience and availability.
- All committee members are required to attend and contribute to the committee meetings, held approximately every 6 weeks.
We welcome all new members and committee members!