Swimming is a fun, low impact form of fitness that keeps your heart rate up, builds muscle strength and cardiovascular fitness. It is the perfect activity for all ages and abilities – and don’t forget…our pool is heated!
So when will you be coming down to swim some laps, improve your stroke or partake in an enjoyable Aqua Fit class?
We have the following Get Fit options for all ages:
ADULT LANE SWIMMING
Grab a friend, come on down at our scheduled times, find yourself a lane, start swimming and keep going for as long as feels good for you. All swimming abilities and ages welcome. $5 per Adult, per session or $45 for a ten-clip concession card. Pay onsite with cash or bank transfer.
Scheduled Lane Swimming Times
|Mon, Tue, Thu & Fri (beginning Tue 26th Oct 2021)||7am – 8am|
|Sat & Sun (beginning 30th Oct 2021)||8am – 9am|
|10 clip concession card||$45|
ADULT TECHNIQUE FOCUSED WORKOUTS
These workouts can accommodate all skill and ability levels so, whether you’re new to lane swimming, training for your next ocean swim or triathlon, or looking to improve your swimming technique, these workouts are for you!
The sessions will focus on improving stroke technique, which will make us faster and more efficient swimmers. It’s also a great full body workout!
We will be offering a block of 10 classes – session date & times to be confirmed
|Tuesday nights (beginner/intermediate)||6:45pm – 7:45pm|
|Wednesday nights (intermediate/advanced)||6:45pm – 7:45pm|
|Sunday mornings||9:30am – 10:30am|
|Tuesdays or Wednesdays only or Sundays only (no swapping)||$160|
|If you want to make up any missed sessions on another day||$180|
|For a weekday and Sundays (20 sessions)||$300|
|For casuals (space permitting)||$20|
- Maximum 12 spots per block (for swimmer comfort & expert coaching)
- Blocks must be paid in full in advance
- No refunds
AQUA FIT – Will return in Term 4 of 2021
The magic of water! Water is 800x denser than air and is therefore a gentle environment to exercise in.
Cardiovascular – because of its low impact and buoyancy, water allows you to work harder for longer.
Muscle strength – the resistance the water creates allows you to safely do muscle strength exercises.
Flexibility – Ranges of movement in your joints are greater in water and therefore relieve muscle and joint stiffness.
All other exercise benefits apply in water e.g lowers Blood pressure, reduces stress and anxiety.
PLEASE NOTE: There are no showers available at the community pool.
Pool guard is present at all times during the class. Please inform the instructor prior to the class if you have any existing medical conditions or an injury.
If you are not a member of Waiheke Workout you will need to purchase a Waiheke Workout concession card (can be used for any other class we offer or for gym session).
|10 visits for students/seniors||$140|
Waiheke Workout also have premium membership options for 1-3-6 months which may be suitable for those who want to attend only the Aqua Fit classes.
To book or make receive more information please email Denisa at firstname.lastname@example.org
Te Huruhi Community Pool RULES & POLICIES
Please Respect our staff, facilities & grounds at all times. Our Policies are put in place to ensure the safety and enjoyment for all swimmers and observers.
- Children between the ages of five and ten years must be actively supervised by a caregiver over the age of 17.
- Children under the age of five need to be actively supervised and within reach of a caregiver 17 years or over at all times, including in the water.
- Our Lifeguard is on-site for your safety and protection. They are not child-minders
- During Planned Scheduled Classes & Lessons – no other people may use the pool
- Please leave the pool grounds as you found them, taking personal rubbish with you or use the bin provided
- No Running, Walking on top of the pool edge or Rough play in or out of the pool
- No Diving into our pool, it is not deep enough!
- No Food or Drink allowed in the pool
- Only suitable Swimwear may be worn in the pool, no clothing
- No fluffy toys are permitted in the pool
- No animals in the pool area – except for specially trained assistance dogs
- No Glass or Plastic that can shatter is allowed on pool grounds
- Water and Alcohol do not mix. There is to be No consumption of alcohol within the pool grounds and No person under the influence of alcohol may use the pool
- Respect our water and do not use the pool if you have had diarrhoea in the past 2 weeks or another illness that is communicable by water
- Swimmers that are not yet toilet trained must wear a swim diaper
- Immuno-compromised individuals should use caution when using a Public Pool
- All instructions given by the lifeguard must be adhered to.
Your understandings of our Policies are appreciated ~ we hope you enjoy our facilities.