COMMUNITY SWIMMING – Saturdays & Sundays 12.30 – 4pm
Bring the whanau; relax, cool-off, have fun and enjoy our communities heated pool. Bring along your pool toys and snacks and make the most of your day. CLOSED on Public Holidays & STAT days. Please follow us on FaceBook: @waihekepool and check our page for any last minute changes to our schedule due to weather and/or lifeguard availability.
Access Member rates here, and keep our Society moving forward towards the ultimate goal of one day having a year-round indoor swimming facility for Waiheke Island!
FLIPPA BALL – to come!
A fun water sport for children (a child friendly version of Water Polo with slight rule adjustments) that helps build confidence in the water and team skills while having fun! Suitable for primary school children Years 3–6.
This program is yet to be announced for 2023/24! We will post our start date on our Facebook page as soon as we have the instructors confirmed and we welcome & encourage all players to give it a go.
If you would like to ask any questions, Please email Sophie or Alisa at: [email protected]
What is Flippaball? Check out this short video…
We would like to thank our friends at Waiheke Homes for sponsoring our Flippaball Caps!
POOL PARTIES (exclusive use)
Book the Swimming Pool as an exclusive Venue for a birthday, special occasion or simply a private group get-together!
Hire of the pool is $69+ gst per hour with a minimum charge of 2 hours.
A qualified lifeguard will be on duty during this time.
Times are available around our daily scheduled classes and community swim times.
Terms and Conditions will apply.
Please send your email enquiry to: [email protected] OR message us through Facebook
Te Huruhi Community Pool RULES & POLICIES
Please Respect our staff, facilities & grounds at all times. Our Policies are put in place to ensure the safety and enjoyment for all swimmers and observers.
- Children between the ages of five and ten years must be actively supervised by a caregiver over the age of 17.
- Children under the age of five need to be actively supervised and within reach of a caregiver 17 years or over at all times, including in the water.
- Our Lifeguard is on-site for your safety and protection. They are not child-minders
- During Planned Scheduled Classes & Lessons – no other people may use the pool
- Please leave the pool grounds as you found them, taking personal rubbish with you or use the bin provided
- No Running, Walking on top of the pool edge or Rough play in or out of the pool
- No Diving into our pool, it is not deep enough!
- No Food or Drink allowed in the pool
- Only suitable Swimwear may be worn in the pool, no clothing
- No fluffy toys are permitted in the pool
- No animals in the pool area – except for specially trained assistance dogs
- No Glass or Plastic that can shatter is allowed on pool grounds
- Water and Alcohol do not mix. There is to be No consumption of alcohol within the pool grounds and No person under the influence of alcohol may use the pool
- Respect our water and do not use the pool if you have had diarrhoea in the past 2 weeks or another illness that is communicable by water
- Swimmers that are not yet toilet trained must wear a swim diaper
- Immuno-compromised individuals should use caution when using a Public Pool
- All instructions given by the lifeguard must be adhered to.
Your understandings of our Policies are appreciated ~ we hope you enjoy our facilities.